Install SharePoint 2013 with SQL Server 2014, User profile synchronization in SharePoint Server 2013 not starting. (ILM Configuration: Error ‘ERR_CONFIG_DB’)
ILM Configuration: Error ‘ERR_CONFIG_DB’.
UserProfileApplication.SynchronizeMIIS: Failed to configure MIIS post database, will attempt during next rerun. Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: ERR_CONFIG_DB at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.Synchronization.ILMPostSetupConfiguration.ValidateConfigurationResult(UInt32 result) at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.Synchronization.ILMPostSetupConfiguration.ConfigureMiisStage2() at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.SetupSynchronizationService(ProfileSynchronizationServiceInstance profileSyncInstance).
UserProfileApplication.SynchronizeMIIS: End setup for ‘User Profile Service’.
- Farm account running as local admin on SP server
• Farm account have local logon rights (also verified by logging into the server as the farm)
• Farm user mapped to DBO for the Sync DB (I’m creating the UPS App as the farm user so this is already done, just for the record if I click on properties for the Sync DB dbo user it shows my farm user under Logon Name)
• Attempted to create the UPS via the CA, same issue
• Cleared SP cache (https://spcachecleaner.codeplex.com/)
• Manually starting FIM Sync service
• My SQL server have a named instance. But I tried to make an SQL alias anyway
• Time is in sync on all servers.
• Completely removed the UPS Application & Proxy countless times (Probably over 10-15+ times)
• Rebooted the server countless times
Solution to FIX
I found out that the April 2014 CU contained a fix (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2760265 )
I Installed the April CU (which took an extremely long time), restarted the server and on first go the service started.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2013 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
You must install Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Service Pack 1 before you apply this hotfix package:
P.S: Jun 2014 CU has the full package : http://support.microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=2817414
http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/SharePoint-Conference/2012 – SharePoint Conference 2012.