If you have ever used a SharePoint list containing lookup columns as a data source in your InfoPath forms, you may have been disappointed to see the value of the lookup is not displayed. Instead of the value, the list ID of the item containing the value is displayed.
Below link has the detailed post.
- solution is a deployable, reusable package that can contain features, site definitions, and other functionality.
- Solutions can be enabled or disabled individually.
- You can deploy a solution directly onto your SharePoint Server farm, or you can deploy the solution into a sandbox.
A sandbox is a restricted execution environment that enables programs to access only certain resources, and that keeps problems that occur in the sandbox from affecting the rest of the server environment.
Solutions that you deploy into a sandbox, which are known as sandboxed solutions, cannot use certain computer and network resources, and cannot access content outside the site collection they are deployed in.
- Solutions Overview
- Sandboxed solutions overview (SharePoint Server 2010).
- Farm Solutions in SharePoint 2010
- Features in SharePoint Foundation
|Farm based Solution||Sandboxed Solution|
|A solution package is deployed to the farm’s solution store, it is called a ‘farm solution’.||A solution package is deployed to the solution store of a site collection, it is called a ‘sandboxed solution’.|
|The components in a farm solution generally run with full trust, although it is possible to deploy an assembly in a farm solution with a custom CAS policy that gives it less than full trust.||The components of a sandboxed solution run under several significant code execution and resource access restrictions.|
|Only a farm administrator can install a farm solution.||A site collection administrator can deploy a sandboxed solution.|
|Less resource restriction.||Each sandboxed solution must conform to certain hard limits on the system resources that it can use.|
You can in InfoPath autonumber repeating table rows as follows:
- In InfoPath Designer 2010, create a new Blank Form template.
- On the Home tab under the Controls group, click Repeating Table and add a repeating table with 3 columns to the form template.
- Right-click the first field (field1) in the repeating table and choose Change Control and then Calculated Value from the context menu that appears.
- With the first field (field1) still selected, click the Properties tab or double-click field1 to bring forward the Properties tab.
- On the Properties tab under the Properties group, click Default Value.
- On the Field or Group Properties dialog box on the Data tab under the Default Value section, click the formula button behind the Value text box.
- On the Insert Formula dialog box, select the Edit XPath (advanced) check box.
- On the Insert Formula dialog box, type the follow formula into the Formula text box:
count(../preceding-sibling::*) + 1
- On the Insert Formula dialog box, click Verify Formula to ensure that the formula does not contain any errors. Click OK to close the message box that says whether the formula contains or does not contain errors. Correct any errors if necessary.
- On the Insert Formula dialog box, click OK.
- On the Field or Group Properties dialog box, ensure that the Refresh value when formula is recalculated check box is selected, and then click OK.
- Save the InfoPath form template and publish it for example to a SharePoint form library.